Monday, July 14, 2008

Hey pals.. Long time no see!

It's been a long while since we gathered.. Much has changed, much has remained the same but all are good. :) Cheers to our up and coming Dr Wong.. Jin's coming home with a PhD in Computer soon leh! But he maintains that should my PC be feeling lousy, do not look for him. I thought his new-found title is a good news for me, the IT illiterate.. Apparently not.. ;(



So.. regarding my trip to Beijing.. I stepped into China 11 yrs ago and i hated it and many said i would change my mind, but my conclusion remains the same.



Was put up at Radison Hotel (heard that Hilton is way better).. I had a little excursion on my own to Carrefour.. The air there smells foul and sour and i have no idea what causes the smell. Guess it could be because they sell fresh meat there. The residents are weird too.. To get their way around, they just bump into you. That's their way of saying 'excuse me' i guess. So yah.. Guess that's the cultural diff.





But there's one thing good.. Cheap stuff.. We ate quite a bit in a rather swanky looking restaurant.. Peking duck, vegetable, double-boiled soup, fish, ma po tou fu etc etc and it only cost a measly RMB$50.

To see my schedule

No comments:

About Me

A petite girl who managed to escape from the claws of the evil ruler and is now able to fly. Ermmm.... 'Ruler' as in the instrument to measure length.. Hee hee :)